Hardsuit Labs is looking for its next animator! If you are a skilled in-game animator with a deep knowledge of animation principles and body mechanics, we want to hear from you. Must have experience animating both stylized and realistic characters. The right person should have experience with key frame and motion capture animation. We are looking for someone who excels at problem-solving, communication and has a passion for animation. This is a full-time staff position, located in Seattle, Washington.
- Create high-quality animation based on motion capture performances and keyframe animation to meet visual expectations.
- Unreal Engine 4 experience including use of animation blueprints, state machines, and matinee.
- Experience creating realistic animation for human and non-human characters with an emphasis on acting performance.
- Well versed in gameplay animation and cycles.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of character rigs, game animation pipelines, animation integration into game engines, and animation tools.
- Experience with motion capture data and the mocap pipeline.
- Must have shipped at least one game.
- 3 years game animation experience or related animation industry experience.
- Experience with facial animation and a strong understanding of character emotion and performance.
- Must be proficient in one or more types of 3D software but Primarily Maya.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Takes initiative in pursuing new assignments.
- Ability to take feedback/direction well.
- Strong technical problem-solving skills.
- Ability to learn new tools quickly.
- Strong interest in Video Games, storytelling, and Movies.
- Brings a cinematic eye to convey emotion, weight, and momentum in gameplay and cinematics.
- Appreciates all styles of animation and the desire to pitch in and learn new styles and skills.
- Enjoys collaborating with design and art teams to deliver great gameplay and storytelling experiences.
- Mesh Skinning Vertex weighting experience a plus.
- Facial Rigging and Animation Pipeline.
- Understanding of MEL/Python.
- Understanding of cinematography.
- Knowledgeable about game industry trends and animation techniques.
- Resume (PDF format only)
- Cover Letter (PDF format only)
- Demo Reel ( executable files will not be accepted/reviewed)
- Must be willing to complete an animation test